- Visit Tunku Adbul Rahman Marine Park
- Snorkeling and swimming in Sabah sea
- Transfer with vehicle and speedboat to island and back to city
- Entrance fees and permits for the marine park
- Snorkeling equipment available
- Any amount of people can join.
In front of Sabah’s capital of Kota Kinabalu there’s a stretch of protected sea area belonging to a marine park caled Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. The marine park comprises the territory of five islands inside.
This travel idea considers a visit to the second largest island of the group, Pulau Manukan, in a day trip leaving from Kota Kinabalu town.
With this excursion you will have a driver taking you from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu to the jetty to Manukan island. Since the marine park consists of a protected area, entrance in the area is controlled and boat transfers are organised in groups, so you may be sharing a boat with other people. We recommend to have with you the minimum necessary and leave excess baggage at your hotel in town. Make sure you have sunscreen, swimsuit, a raincoat in case of rain, a towel. Stay hydrated and carry plenty of water (you may buy more on the island). If you love snorkeling you should bring your snorkeling equipment with you.