- Live in a Rungus longhouse
- Enjoy the countryside and the coastal area of Kudat
- Round trip from Kota Kinabalu to Kudat on private vehicle
- Accommodation in longhouse with home-cooked local meals
- Activities as described in the itinerary schedule
- Any amount of people can join.
Kudat is an area in the northenmost part of Sabah, widely known as the “Tip of Borneo”. It’s also the northenmost point of both Peninsular (West) and East Malaysia (Borneo), where the Sulu Sea and the South China Sea meet.
This travel idea is to bring you to the Kudat district, to explore the coastal area and visit a local village, belonging to the Rungus ethnic minority – one of the many of Sabah. From Kota Kinabalu city you will reach Kudat by vehicle. And from here you will be host in one of the Rungus’ longhouses, entirely made of wood, and share with them their daily routine activities and work. Staying in a longhouse will make you understand better how the life for the local was and it’s the perfect occasion to dip into Rungus culture and the surrounding coastal nature.
Please note that the longhouse can only offer essential facilities – rooms have a private bathroom or air conditioning , nor hot water. We recommend to take with you mosquito repellent, a raincoat, a hat, a torch, sunscreen, ab towel and your swimsuit.